By using our website https://www.agencearchipel.com/ (the “Website”) or any of our Services, you agree that we may collect, use, process, disclose and retain your Personal Information in accordance with the terms and conditions described herein. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by this Policy, you may not visit, access, or use our Website or Services or share your Personal Information with us.
This Policy does not apply to Personal Information of Archipel’s employees, agents, and consultants, or any other person affiliated with Archipel, or to any information that is not Personal Information as defined by applicable law.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding our privacy practices and policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer (as defined below) at the following address:
Email: [email protected]
Address: 465, Victoria Avenue, Suite 115 Saint-Lambert (Québec) – J4P 2J2 – Canada
The following words and expressions, when appearing with a capitalized first letter in the Policy, shall have the meanings set forth below, unless otherwise implied or expressed in the text:
“Service Provider” means any person or entity that processes data on behalf of Archipel. These are third-party companies or individuals with whom Archipel contracts to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on behalf of Archipel, to perform services related to the Services or to assist Archipel in analyzing the use of the Services.
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be linked, directly or indirectly, to a person, whatever the nature of its medium and whatever the form in which the information is accessible (written, graphic, sound, visual, computerized or other). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, information that reveals something about the identity, characteristics (e.g., the abilities, preferences, psychological tendencies, predispositions, mental abilities, character, and behavior), or activities of that person.
“Data Protection Officer” means the person who is responsible for the enforcement and the implementation of this Policy and whose contact information is identified in Section 1 above.
“Services” means the Website and all related services offered by Archipel, including professional services and, where applicable, associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation.
Processing of Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect different types of Personal Information while operating our business and providing our Services. These include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your resume, criminal history information, and other information you provide to us when you apply for a job at Archipel;
- Transaction and payment information, such as the payment method used, date and time, payment amount, billing zip code, your address, and other related information;
- Information you choose to provide or share with us, for example, when you fill out a form, respond to surveys or contact one of our employees or representatives, including your preferences or interests;
- Information automatically collected through the use of our Website and Services, including:
- Website usage and other technical data, such as your IP address, the pages you visited, the time and date of your visits, the type of browser you were using, the operating system of your device and other hardware and software information;
- Geolocation data, such as your IP address, a precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or the GPS of your mobile device (depending on your device settings).
In each case, such Personal Information is processed in accordance with the legitimate and necessary purposes listed in section 3.2 below.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the legitimate purposes described below:
- Operate, administer, maintain, monitor, develop, improve and provide all the features of our Website;
- To provide Services to you;
- Develop new Services and improve our Website and Services;
- Send you messages, updates, security alerts;
- For marketing and business development purposes, if you have previously consented to the processing of your personal information for these purposes;
- Answer your questions and provide assistance when needed;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other feature of the Website or our Services;
- Collect opinions and comments about our Services;
- Conduct research and analysis related to our business and Services;
- Detect and prevent fraud, errors, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activities;
- Send you communications as required by law; and
- For any other purpose permitted or required by law.
Please note that we do not use the information we collect to draw any inferences or interpretations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, consultants, agents, Service providers and other trusted third parties who need to know that information in order to help us operate our Website, conduct and protect our business, or serve you, provided that such Service Providers have previously agreed in writing to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and our Information Governance Program.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties, subject to exceptions provided by law.
Service providers and other third parties
While we try to avoid sharing your Personal Information with third parties, we may use Service Providers to perform various services on our behalf, such as IT management and security, marketing, and data analysis, hosting and storage. We have defined below the instances in which such sharing may occur:
When we disclose your Personal Information to Service Providers, we enter into written contracts with them before your Personal Information is disclosed to them and we provide them with only the Personal Information that is necessary to perform their mandate. As part of these contracts with our Service Providers, we are committed to the principles set out in this Policy and these Service Providers are required to use Personal Information as directed by us and only for the purposes for which it was provided. In addition, these Service Providers provide us with sufficient guarantees that they will implement appropriate safeguards that are proportionate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information being processed or disclosed. When our Service Providers no longer need your Personal Information, we require them to destroy such data appropriately.
Compliance with legislation, responding to legal requests, preventing harm, and protecting our rights
We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe that such disclosure is authorized, necessary, or appropriate, including:
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To protect our operations and business;
- to comply with legal proceedings;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, or those of you or others;
- to allow us to seek available remedies or limit the damages we may suffer; and
- in accordance with applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence.
Wherever possible, Archipel obtains directly from the person concerned consent to collect, use and disclose their Personal Information. However, if you provide us with Personal Information about other individuals, you must ensure that you have properly notified them that you are providing their Personal Information to us and have obtained their consent to such disclosure.
We will seek your express consent before using or disclosing your Personal Information for purposes other than those set out herein.
Retention of Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, we keep your Personal Information only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected unless you consent to have your Personal Information used or processed for another purpose. As an indication, the duration of certain information may extend up to 7 years following the end of the Services rendered by Archipel to you. In addition, our retention periods may be modified from time to time due to legitimate interests (for example, to ensure the security of Personal Information, to prevent abuse and breaches, or to prosecute criminals).
For more information about our retention periods, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact information provided in Section 1.2 of this Policy.
As a data subject, you may exercise the rights set out below by completing the form available here and sending it by e-mail or by mail to the attention of our Data Protection Officer at the contact information provided in section 1.2 above:
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Information and to request a paper copy of the documents containing your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions provided by applicable law;
- You have the right to have Your Personal Information corrected, amended, and updated if it is incomplete, ambiguous, out of date, or inaccurate;
- You have the right to withdraw or change your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time, subject to applicable legal and contractual restrictions;
- You have the right to ask us to stop disclosing your Personal Information and to de-index any link attached to your name that provides access to that information if such disclosure violates the law or court order;
- You have the right to request that your Personal Information be disclosed to you or transferred to another organization in a structured, commonly used technological format;
- You have the right to make a complaint to the appropriate data protection authority, subject to the requirements of applicable law.
To process your request, you may be asked to provide appropriate identification or otherwise identify yourself. We will do our best to respond within a month.
If you are not satisfied with our use of your Personal Information or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
You can set your browser to notify you when you visit the Website so that you can decide whether to accept or reject the use of some or all Cookies. Please note that disabling Cookies on your browser may adversely affect your experience on the Website and prevent you from using some of its features.
Archipel implements a range of reasonable physical, technological and organizational security measures to adequately protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information against loss, theft, or unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, communication, use, modification, or destruction. These measures include encryption, access control, segregation of duties, internal audit, and confidentiality agreements with our Service Providers, etc.
Despite the measures described above, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure, please contact our Privacy Officer immediately using the contact information provided in Section 1.2 above.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may from time to time include on our Website references or links to websites, content, products, or services provided by third parties (“Third-Party Services”). These Third-Party Services, which are not operated or controlled by Archipel, are governed by privacy policies that are entirely separate and independent from this Policy. We, therefore, assume no responsibility for the content and activities of these websites. This Policy applies only to the Website and the Services we offer. The Policy does not extend to any Third-Party Services.
Individuals under the age of 14
We do not knowingly collect or use Personal Information from individuals under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, you must not provide us with any of your Personal Information without the express consent of your parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your express consent, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 1.2 above to request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.